Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Rich & the Brass Bell

This bell looks very similar to the one we had. It was a brass bell that mom would often ring for dinner. There was a time when I was in 1st grade at Mark Twain Elementary. I was on the bus going home to the brown house (Wellington Street), I looked out the window of the bus and there was my mom on the side of the road. WHAT! Mothers are never in viewable sight out of the home when you are coming home on the bus. If they are there it means they are not at HOME! Anyhow, as the story goes, Rich was holding the brass bell and opened the door of the blue van and fell out. The bell just gashed the heck out for his little three year old chin. Mom said that she found someone to watch the rest of us kids so she could take him in for stitches. Mom said it was the most horrible thing to watch, those doctors washing out his chin. Needless to say, I think the bell was no longer seen......

No comments:

Post a Comment